Title: Software Engineer Lead
Roles & Responsibilities
- Logical Database Administrator
- Review, understand, recommend/tune the Database designs from a logical perspective, working to optimize and tune applications with Support and Enhancements teams
- Provide data related support for incoming tickets, including extensive troubleshooting and debugging, with responsibilities covering multiple Applications.
- Assisting / designing enhancements to DBMS schemas, indexes, views, tuning improvements, database locks mitigation
- Does NOT include the “physical” database administration i.e. things like Backups/Restores, space management, reorg execution, new instance creation, etc but is expected to help/assist the physical DBAs and Application Support analysts and Enhancements teams with any “logical” database designs, schema changes, tuning concerns, etc.
- Strong Analytical, reasoning, problem solving and logical thinking abilities.
- Ability to work well under pressure and execute on aggressive deadlines.
- Flexible in a changing work environment and driven to succeed in a fast paced environment.
- Good communication skills, working in a team environment
- Oracle 9i, 11G, 12c and/or
- MySql 4, 5 and/or
- 4 years database design/administration
Location: Kansas Kansas City, MO - Relocation assistance provided
About Your Future Employer
You will be working for one of the world's largest, most respected consulting, technology and outsourcing companies, with 180,000 employees in over 40 countries. Your initial assignment will be a project for a client with a strong preference for military veterans like you, where you will gain solid experience and a foundation for many and varied opportunities for career advancement and growth.