|California State Parks Foundation
Title: Database and Website Manager
Reports to: Director of Advancement
Date: February 2017
California State Parks Foundation (CSPF) is a member-supported nonprofit dedicated to protecting, improving and advocating for all of California’s state parks. With our community of supporters, we deliver innovative solutions for an excellent parks system by facilitating park improvements, inspiring stewardship, supporting partners, advocating for sound policies, and connecting people to parks. Together we ensure that the natural beauty, rich culture and history, and recreational and educational opportunities of our 280 state parks are available for all to enjoy now and for generations to come.
California State Parks Foundation is seeking a strong candidate for a full-time position as the Database and Website Manager. This candidate will possess experience working in and managing donor databases, and will ensure the integrity of and accurate input/output of all constituent information. The position will work closely with direct marketing vendors for all data tasks. It is critical that this candidate possess a solid understanding of non-profit development, strong communication skills, and attention to detail.
Database: Responsible for the overall usage, accuracy, efficiency, security, maintenance, administration and development of CSPF's donor database. CSPF currently utilizes Luminate CRM on the Salesforce platform and this position is the primary staff contact for Salesforce maintenance, development and training.
Website: Responsible for managing CSPF’s online presence using Luminate CRM and CMS modules, development of online collateral, creating and checking the accuracy of email communications and online data, and designing CSPF’s online presence using already established branding guidelines and procedures.
- Database Management
- Overall responsibility for managing and maintaining Salesforce database functions, including selection of prospects, reporting, membership data, proper attribute coding, importing/exporting.
- Responsible for the development of custom functionality within Salesforce utilizing Visualforce and custom Apex triggers and classes.
- Work with Development staff in streamlining and troubleshooting operations related to file transfers between or among outside vendors, data entry, and coding of constituent records.
- Work to automate administrative tasks and provide self-service user tools whenever possible.
- Responsible for database documentation, including data standards, procedures, customization, field definitions and schema.
- Improve efficiency and accuracy of data entry and data flow between internal and external systems.
- Research and recommend improvements to current systems and integration with other systems within the organization.
- Develop, manage and test backup and recovery plans.
- Controlling access, performance monitoring and tuning of database.
- Assist and train staff as necessary on Salesforce functions.
- Provide recommendations for new processes, upgrades or equipment, when necessary.
- List and Data Production
- Working with staff, develops data selects for newsletters, renewal, appeal, reinstate, acquisition mailings, and online campaigns.
- Perform imports (constituent, approach restrictions, email etc.).
- Oversee member address updates through NCOA.
- Oversee updating of database with list broker.
- Develop custom reports using Salesforce as requested by Development teammates for use in membership and major giving fundraising efforts.
- Website Management
- Produce advocacy action alerts when needed.
- Responsible for overall design and functionality of calparks.org.
- Email Communications and Online Data
- Produce and coordinate email renewals, email alerts, and e-newsletters.
- Provide regular campaign reporting (advocacy, donations, etc).
- Ensure online data integrity.
- Learn all aspects of Luminate platform, and suggest new or improve upon current internal systems.
- Implement online promotions and programs.
- Attend CSPF events as necessary
- Work in the evenings and weekends sometimes required
- Other duties as required or assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field or concentration, or equivalent experience plus 5 years of experience in a database administration role.
- Working knowledge of nonprofit advocacy, communications, fundraising, and data analytics.
- Knowledge of Salesforce development, including Visualforce and Apex required
- Knowledge of Luminate CRM/CMS programs required
- Salesforce Developer certification a plus
- Experience in web design and development, including development of web pages using an established brand guideline
- Adobe Creative Suite knowledge preferred
- Responsible person who takes pride in managing database
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Highly organized and able to prioritize tasks
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as experience working on teams
- Commitment to California State Parks Foundation’s mission
Please send letters of interest and resumes to Margie Shurgot, Vice President of Development at