As the Store Manager at Shopko, you will be in charge of our top priority: Serving our Customers better than any other retailer.
Responsible for maximizing the store’s sales, profit and customer service objectives through the effective management of store teammates. Ensures that store meets all operational and merchandising goals. Models Shopko’s commitment to providing exceptional customer service. Provides expertise and leadership direction for all loss prevention programs.
Minimum Knowledge, Experience & Skills Required:
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant business field or equivalent experience and 3 years of leadership experience in an equivalent retail environment.
• Proven ability to lead, coach and build teammate relationships in an environment of fast change; must be able to direct, and motivate a diverse teammate population.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems of varied scope; must be able to act decisively in implementing solutions.
• Strong organizational skills for planning work and continuously monitoring progress towards goals.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task; ability to respond flexibly in a quickly changing environment.
• Ability to analyze and synthesize financial reports.
• Strong communication skills (both oral and written) for effective management of teams.
• Must demonstrate an exemplary commitment to provide exceptional customer service.
• General knowledge of and ability to operate a personal computer; working knowledge of Excel and Word and a scheduling tool such as Resource Management.
• Must be available to work early mornings, days, nights and weekends to meet the needs of the stores.
We provide general merchandise, Pharmacy, and Optical services in our store formats of Shopko, Shopko Hometown, and Shopko Express.
At Shopko, we understand what matters to our customers. Our stores are designed to be simple, clean, and welcoming, not overwhelming. We offer the essentials our customers need and the brands they trust at a fair price. Shopko, the Stuff that counts.
Shopko offers a professional team-oriented work environment, career advancement opportunities, competitive wages, and a comprehensive benefits package! If you are accessing this posting from another website, please submit an application at www.shopko.com/careers.
***$10,000 Sign-On Bonus eligible for internal and external candidates ***
Shopko is an Equal Opportunity Employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan m/f/d/v.